BIBLE HOME - Adam Through Jacob - Tobit - Passion Narratives | Religious Reading Blog
The Passion narrative in the Gospel according to John (starting after the Last Supper) is found in Chapters 18, 19, 20 and 21. If you want to consult John's account of the events leading up to the Passion not included here, you can begin at Chapter 12 (or here in English).
1. John 18:1-11: Jesus is arrested.
2. John 18:12-21: Jesus interrogated by Annas; Peter denies Jesus.
3. John 18:22-32: Jesus taken to Caiphas and then to Pilate.
4. John 18:33-40: Jesus before Pilate.
5. John 19:1-11: Jesus before Pilate (cont.).
6. John 19:12-22: Jesus crucified.
7. John 19:23-30: The death of Jesus.
8. John 19:31-42: Jesus buried.
9. John 20:1-10: The empty tomb.
10. John 20:11-18: Jesus appears to Mary.
11. John 20:19-25: Jesus appears to the disciples.
12. John 20:26-31: Jesus appears to Thomas.
13. John 21:1-10: Jesus appears to the disciples, fishing.
14. John 21:11-17: Jesus questions Peter.
15. John 21:18-25: The disciple's testimony.
Psalter. Normandy; c. 1180. ( National Library of the Netherlands )
|© The segmented texts, annotations and audio files at BestLatin.net are copyrighted by Laura Gibbs, 2006. No copyright is claimed for any images.|